As the rumors pointed to a new iPhone: Apple announced the iPhone 7 on stage at Apple’s Speical event in San Fransico. There are some updates from Apple on the iPhone, and besides the little Tweet slip, everything went smoothly for the company.
- There is a new “jet black” color that’s somewhat glossy. There is also a plain black, rose gold (AKA pink), silver, and gold.
- The iPhone 7 is now water and dust resistant
- The home button isn’t a button anymore. It’s using the haptic engine to give feedback by vibrating to give the sense of a button. The Macbook uses this technology on the touchpad and has been a huge success for the force touch buttons.
- The iPhone camera has lagged behind Samsung’s cameras for a little now, but the updated camera will change all of this. There is an all new 12mp camera, 1.8 aperture, six-element lens, high-speed camera. The iPhone Plus has a dual camera that has two 12mp cameras. One of them is a telephoto camera while the other takes regular photos. This allows for 10x digital zoom, depth of field, and better color in images.
- A new 25% brighter display with wider color gamut. Same resolution as before
- Stereo speakers that are twice as loud as other models, which all stem from the removal of the 3.5 mm jack.
- Earpods are now connected by lightning port instead of 3.5mm. Digital audio, power to the headphones, and there are 900 million lighting capable devices already.
- Wireless audio is being fixed by Apple. The Airpods which have a stick coming out of your ear are the newest wireless earbuds from Apple. They have one step setup across all your devices and work with one or two of the earbuds. The Airpods have a case that wirelessly charge them, and can last for 24 hours with the charge. Beats are also launching wireless headphones and earbuds with the W1 processor.
- Apple Pay is being updated with a different NFC system in Japan.
- The performance of the iPhone 7 blows everything away! The A10 Fusion is a 64bit four core processor that will breeze by any games or apps they can be thrown at it. It’s 2x fast as the iPhone 6, and 120 times faster than the original iPhone.
The iPhone 7 is hopefully going to get everyone to upgrade their iPhones to the ‘greatest’ iPhone yet. The battery life is the longest battery life of any iPhone yet, and the upgraded camera will compete against Samsung’s camera on their S7 and Note 7. The iPhone 7 starts at $649 with 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB. The iPhone 7 Plus starts at $749 with 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB. All the older models have upgraded space too with preorders starting Sept 9 and orders ship Sept 13. iOS 10 ships Sept 13, and the Airpods will be available this fall for $159.
Tell us in the comments below if you’re going to pre-order the iPhone 7 or if you’re going to get a different phone!