Starting December 9, gamers will see the launch of The Dark Below. This is Destiny’s first expansion pack since the launch of the game, and a bring the level cap from 30 to 32. The expansion also includes an expanded bounty slots by five, add new gear and will add more story content. The developer, Bungie, has been releasing new in game content since its launch.
Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below will feature the following
- New weapons, armour and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items
- Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added
- New story quests and missions – after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god,Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards
- New co-operative Strike, The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
- Three new competitive multiplayer arenas
- Pantheon – set deep within the Black Garden in an ancient Vex temple that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors
- Skyshock – an old interplanetary defence array that offers both vehicle and infantry engagements
- The Cauldron – an abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- New six-player Raid, Crota’s End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth
- PlayStation platforms will also get access to an exclusive co-operative Strike, The Undying Mind and an exotic weapon, and more (timed exclusive until at least Autumn 2015)
The Dark Below is the first of two expansions for Destiny. The first pack will sale for $19.99 alone, but folks can pick up the Expansion Pass that will offer both the first and second expansions for $34.99.
The update brings a lot of content players have been clamoring for, and on top of that it will continue to grow the massive online world. Tell us if you’ll buy the expansion or if you’ll pass on the update in the comments below!